Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is UpYourCard.com?
UpYourCard.com is an online marketplace allowing consumers to trade gift cards. Consumers post their own gift cards on the site, receive credit equal to the card’s dollar value, and use credit to select a new card. We operate on a simple principle: you want the greatest value for your card. Unlike other sites, UpYourCard.com does not take a percentage of the value of the card you post. We are the only site that guarantees you receive full credit for the card you post.
2. How do I use the site?
Follow these easy steps to trade a gift card on UpYourCard.com:
1. Create an account on UpYourCard.com
2. Post your gift card to the site. Mail your card to the address provided.
3. Use your online credit to select a gift card you would like to receive in return. After your original card has been verified, the new card will be mailed to you.
3. The gift card I received in the mail doesn’t match the value of the card I selected online. Now what?
While UpYourCard.com takes every precaution to ensure the quality of transactions, occasionally a card may be shipped that does not reflect the value posted on the Web site. UpYourCard.com takes responsibility for these transactions and will offer a full credit refund online, provided the user ships the card back to UpYourCard.com. In addition, the processing fee will be refunded to the user’s credit card.
4. I have $30 in credit, but I only selected a $25 gift card. Now what?
You keep your credit forever. If you post an additional $20 gift card to the site, you would have enough credit to select a $25 gift card. Alternatively, you can use your credit card to add credit to your profile.
5. I have $25 in credit, but I really want a card that is valued at $35.
UpYourCard.com allows users to use a credit card to add credit to their profile. There is no charge—simply pay the amount you need to reach a desired level of credit
6. I don’t want to trade my gift card anymore. Can I get it back?
Yes, provided you have enough remaining credit in your account equal to the value of your gift card. You will be charged a small fee to cover removal and postage costs.